Daily Scrum is an important practice that helps everyone on a team stay in a loop.
When giving an update on Daily Scrum, make sure to cover 3 key areas:
- what have you worked on since the last time we met
- what you will be working on next
- raise any blockers or issues
3 simple rules will help you participate in a Daily Scrum efficiently:
- Prepare your update before the call Write it down in your favorite notes app and use it on a call. This way you don't have to remember all the things you worked on yesterday or plan to work on tomorrow.
- In addition to ticket number, mention what the ticket is about.
- If Daily Scrum is synchronous (i.e. on a video or voice call) after giving an update yourself, hand it over to your teammate.
Today I worked on ticket CORE-123, which is about adding a new API endpoint to expose customers' payment methods. Tomorrow as part of this ticket I plan to add tests and then send the ticket to code review. Thanks, John is next.
When you’re unable to attend stand-up, make sure to post your update before stand-up happens.